CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

19 January 2010

Everett Michael Erickson






Here he is at 8lbs 12 oz's and 22 inches long Everett Michael Erickson entered our lives at 8:49am on December 28th.
We had a very long sleepless night. We had an inducement time of 8pm and we actually weren't able to come in until 11pm because so many women were having babies at that time. When we finally got in they gave me my first dosage of medicine to ease me into labor it was the same routine we went through with Berlin were no pitocin was needed...this time was very very different. After the second dose at 3:30am I was still a 2 and no real changes. When I was given my second dose with Berlin an hour later my water broke naturally and I was able to get the epidural an hour later so it was very smooth. This time nothing happened with the second dose so at 7am my Doctor broke my water and the nurse put me on pitocin...which was a big mistake because right after that had happened I was ready to push when the anesthesiologist finally made it, so I didn't have time to get the epidural and I had to get a different shot to ease the pain right before the baby made it into the world. So it was an hour and 45 minutes after they broke my water that my baby was in my arms. I pushed about 2-3 times and big boy was here.
It was extremely painful labor extremely different experience from Berlin but always worth it.

6 comments:

stacy h. said...

this story is terrifying to me... :)
youre my hero. great job bran. love you, glad he's here....so cute!!! can't wait to see him.

Anonymous said...

what a cutie! i bet berlin is loving it!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

What a happy time, i love how proud Michael looks to have his boy! Congratulations!!

Leah said...

Congratulations!! He is so adorable! All my babies have been 8+ lbs!! I love big babies! And wow, no epidural... you are amazing! ;)

Bradon and Nicole said...

Sounds very similar to Payton's birth. The second baby is drama from the start!! Ha ha. So happy for the both of you. Lets get together soon. Love ya

Meradith said...

You are superwoman. And I can't even believe how beautiful you looked just a couple days after having him. I'm so glad we got to come see you and that beautiful boy!! He is so stinkin handsome Brand wow what a little heartbreaker. Congratulations again pretty mama!